Friday, December 21, 2012

Saída de Emergência Rocks!

The other day I got something lovely in the mail. Sort of like an early Christmas present. The special boxed set that Saída de Emergência made for the two-volume Portuguese edition of The War with the Mein. Finally, I got me eager little hands on it!

It looks like this:
But that's just from the outside. What's even cooler are the goodies inside. There are the books, of course:
But that's just the start!

There's also a map, with cool highlights and arrows and stuff I can't read:
And on the back of the map are character sketches:
And there's a little Acacia notepad. Are you kidding me? My name is on a notepad in Portugal? I love that.

And I love the way all of the material is full of wonderful details. Great artwork, lovingly crafted touches. They've visualized the world and brought it to life perhaps more than any other publisher has so far.

They've even taking brief descriptions from the text and imagined them artistically. Note the work on the flag of the Akaran family:


I also noticed another cool little bit, the cover for the next book, Outras Terras. It's a small image and a bit blurry, but here's a taste of it:
You know what else? It's just occurred to me that more of my novels have been published in Portuguese than any other language. Different publishers have picked up all of my books since Walk Through Darkness! That only leaves out my debut, Gabriel's Story. (The rights for it are available, by the way...)

It makes me wonder who these wonderful people are? Portugal is very definitely a destination for me before too long!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anxious for Outras Terras!

Thank you for your fantastic books and I expect you come here soon, I will love to have my books autographed =)

Kisses from Portugal!

Patrícia Santos

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David,
Very cool edition! I love it when publishers go the extra mile, love to see more of this sort of thing.

Shawn Crawford

3:40 PM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Thanks Patricia! See you in Portugal some day soon. ;)

Shawn, yeah, it's terrific. And rare.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Joana Neto Lima said...

Eagerly waiting for Outras Terras :)

I bought the Pack, and it's super awesome :3

Your portuguese fans will be waiting for a visit ;)

11:36 AM  
Blogger David Anthony Durham said...

Joana,

Thank you! So glad you like it.

See you in Portugal - soon, I hope!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous runescape accounts for sale said...

After reading your post, I am looking forward to this. plz keep going and I am looking forward to your next post.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olá! Hello!

Come to Portugal :D we will expect you with joy!

kisses* beijos*

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home